Monday, June 21, 2010

THE ODD ONE


I have been told my entire life by my older sister that I am Weird. I suspect she is right. I happen to interpret that intended negative statement in a positive way. I much prefer the words Unique and Individualistic. I REALLY LOVE WHO I AM. It's my Heart and Soul that matter and all the characteristics contained within.

I have taken countless personality tests over the years and they all come up with a similar profile. INPF. (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Perceptive), which concludes I am 4.4% of the population. Here is another test result.

"Harmony-seeking Idealist"

Quietly forceful, original and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perseverance in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

I took this type of test when I was in grade nine and the results were the same. Sadly, the career options that were suited to my personality type didn't fit in with having to go to work and support myself at age 15. As a result, I have spent my life working in areas that were so opposite to my interest and yet, I managed to become sonewhat successful. Could I turn the clock back and choose a preferred profession based on what I know today, it would be a 180.

That affirms my Uniquenes I guess. I suppose that is a small comfort on some level but not when other's don't recognize or acknowledge the difference and most often feel threatened by it.

~ Tutte ~