Friday, June 25, 2010

Soulmate


Through life you will meet one person who is unlike any other, you could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell them things and they won't judge you...this person is your soulmate, your best friend....
Don't ever let them go. ~ Author Unknown

How profoundly blessed I have been to have met mine. We spent more hours together than any other couple I believe. Arch worked from home (I was a homemaker for 13 years to raise my sons)for many years so we were together 24/7 and never ran out of things to talk or laugh about. We spent many hours singing and dancing in the evenings and had so much fun. Those were precious years despite the financial problems we had to endure. I expect most couples would have divorced over the stress of what we had to face but our love and support for each other continued to grow. We were tied together on every level. With his death, I truly lost half of me. The part of my personality that was so tied into his. We were two halves of a Whole. He told me he was content to die before me as he could never have lived without me. I knew he was right as his love for me was greater than mine for him. From the time we met he never wanted to be apart from me unless he had to. We shared many conversations around this before he died. We would get up in the middle of the night when neither of us could sleep and sit across the kitchen table and bare our souls. There were no words left unspoken when he died. For that I am truly grateful. I don't carry the burden of I Wish I Had.

~ Tutte ~