Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Childhood


This image reminds me of how simple our lives were for those of us who have become senior citizens. Our toys were minimal but our imagination was ever expanding and we had to come up with ideas of how to entertain ourselves without any of the High Tech stuff that the children of today are so reliant upon. They have become participators versus creators. I think they have been cheated from self-exploration and I wonder what is in their future? No doubt their creativity will be generated by ideas and experiences that I can't begin to imagine and a huge generation gap is occurring. The human mind is always seeking new avenues. I am quite content with the fact that I won't be around long enough to see what happens. It frightens me on many levels.

~ Tutte ~