Monday, September 6, 2010

Shedding


It wasn't until I was in my early 30's and after the birth of my first son that I began shedding the indoctrinations of the Bible that I had been raised with and all the garments of fear that had clothed my thinking.

It was The most profound decision of my life and it took me years of reading and studying until I discovered and adopted another foundation for my belief system. It's still in transition but I am in a very peaceful place as a result. Today I acknowledge that I know NOTHING in the big scheme of things. I rely fully on my own experiences to tell what is right or wrong. It always does. I still have Faith as strange as it may sound but not in anything in a religious sense. I just believe in a Perfect Plan unfolding. As humans we can never enter the Mind of God and must accept that. It's in the attempts and via interpretations that violance is perpetrated around the globe reglardless of the name of the Holy Book. It sickens me to the core of my being.

It has become a very simplistic philosophy for me today. "Provide for your fellow man what he needs on any level as you would wish someone to meet yours."

~ Tutte ~