Friday, February 4, 2011

At Rest at Last


It's been some time since I posted. I was recuperating from my devastating fall. Still bruises and scabs but the horrifying memory is fading as will the physical symptoms.

The good news is that my MD put me on a new medication 2 weeks ago that affects the Serotonin levels in the brain and it has had profound effects. I have been able to sleep between 8 - 10 hours every night. Doesn't matter what the hours are. I usually go to bed around 4 AM which is my natural Circadian Rhythm. What a blessing this has been. I am finally beginning to feel normal again. We have no idea how sleep deprivation affects not just the body but the mind as well. I have had much less Anxiety and Depression. It's no wonder since I have been living with sleep deprivation for 13 years after I took a graveyard shift at a hospital for 3 years. The pain and surgeries after that. Was never able to get back into a normal rhythm.

I pray it will continue. I want to become the Tutte I once was. Full of energy, a zest for life and laughter.

~ Tutte ~